The Very BEST Roasted Baby PotatoesMany have asked for this so here it is, my roasted baby potatoes recipe. I hope you all enjoy it!
Baby potatoes – I usually plan for about 5 potatoes per serving – I like Yukon golds.
1 Tbs sea salt
3 Tbs olive oil
1/2 tsp cracked black pepper
1 1/2 Tbs fresh herbs – my preference is rosemary but thyme, oregano and sage also works.
1. Start off by preheating your oven to 425 F. I also turn on convection but it is not necessary if you don’t have it. I find it helps roast them a bit more evenly.
2. In a mortar combine all spices and salt and give them a good bash up with your pestle.
3. Fill a large stock pot with cool water. Put your baby potatoes into the water and place on the stove at medium to high heat until they come to a boil. Let boil for 7 minutes.
4. Immediately strain potatoes and place on cutting board.
5. Pour olive oil into hot empty stock pot.
6. Halve potatoes and place into pot, put on the lid and give them a gentle shake just to coat with oil.
7. Add spices to stock pot, just do a little at first. You want to get a good even sprinkle on all the potatoes but not too much. Some people like salty and spicy and some like subtle. This step I leave up to your own discretion but remember that too salt is impossible to take back. Once you feel they all have a good coating hold the lid on the pot with oven mitts and give it a good shake. You are trying to actually grind off a the outside edges of the potatoes and pound the spice and salt into them.
8. Spread the potatoes evenly on a pan, give them some room so they will crisp up.
9. Place potatoes into your preheated oven and let roast for about 15 minutes or until golden brown, this could be a bit more or less depending on your oven but 15 minutes will get you close.
Take your potatoes out and enjoy them with friends and family. You can eat them on their own or serve with sour cream or curry ketchup.